We will agree on a price before any work starts
I always offer a free consultation so we’ll have a chance to speak in general about your situation and to ask each other questions. I will also propose my plans for your particular situation, and we will agree on a price before any work starts.
While it’s important to consider each case individually, especially as some costs can vary or be eliminated, I generally hew to these average costs. The following is provided simply for informative purposes, and is not a pricing schedule.
In 2018, according to a biennial survey by the National Society of Accountants, the average preparation fees were:
- 1040 without itemized deductions and a state return: $176
- Itemized 1040 with Schedule A and a state tax return: $273
- Itemized 1040 with Schedule C business income and a state return: $457
And if your returns are more complicated, you can expect to pay the following additional costs, on average, per the NSA:
- Schedule D, for gains and losses: $124
- Schedule E, for rental income: $132
- Form 940, for federal unemployment: $69
- Form 8965, for health coverage exemptions: $53
- Form 1065, for a partnership: $656
- Form 1120, for a corporation: $826
- Form 1120S, for s corporation: $809
- Form 706, for estates: $1,563